Monday 5 September 2011

Red or Black - A Review of the Show


So Saturday night was the first episode of Red or Black and I have to say I may be hooked.  At first I was a bit unsure about the whole thing but as the show went on and the tension rose I couldn’t look away.

So what is this show and how does it work?  We start off with 1000 contestants and get them down to one who gets to spin the wheel for 1 million pounds.  So how do they get rid of 999 people?  Well it’s all a question of red or black?

Through a range of scenarios the contestants have to decide whether it is red or black.  Some of the games they will be able to pick the colour while others they don’t have a choice at all.  The common thing through all of the games is that the answer will be red or black.

How when I first saw the ads for this show I thought they all the games would be where the contestants have to pick a colour.  That is not actually the case as the sometimes just have to pick an object that may turn out to be red or black and hope for the best.  This puts the show into that category of dumb luck for me because you have no real say in some of the games.

Anyway when the contestants are down to 8 they go into the studio to play for the 1 million pounds.  At this point I would like to state that I thought there would be a winner every night.  The fact is that there will be nights when no-one wins.  The reason for this is that the last contestant spins a giant roulette board and has a 50/50 chance of getting the money.  

While there were a few things done differently to what I thought I believe that the show is quite a good one.  Of course some of the contestants really annoy me.  Okay so some of the people on the show really need the money while others don’t need it at all.  

Just thinking about the first night we had Angel from Big Brother 2009 on and she wanted the money so she can make a movie with her in it.  There was also this lady who wanted the money to buy shoes.  Then you get the ones who need it like the woman who wants to buy a bigger house for her family.  It annoys me that people who don’t need the money go on shows like this.

Anyway all in all Red or Black is a good show that will run until the end of the week.  Seriously they can’t really run it for longer with the amount of money they could give away.  I would definitely recommend watching this show.  Plus Ant and Dec present it and I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment