Wednesday 14 September 2011

TV Choice Awards 2011 - The Winners


The TV choice awards 2011 were last night and now we finally know who the winners are.  The thing about these awards is that they are voted for by the public which I think is good.  This way we get to see what the public think because honestly the TV industry does have an agenda with everything it does.

So let’s take a look at all the winners and what we think about that!

Best New Drama

The winner of this award was Sherlock by BBC 1.  Sherlock beat Downton Abbey, Single Father and The Walking Dead.  I’m actually glad Sherlock won.  I personally love the show and it shows that other people love it as well.  The other shows are good but I feel they don’t captivate you as much as Sherlock does.

Best Drama Series

The winner of this was Being Human by BBC 3.  Being Human beat Misfits, Glee and Shameless.  Honestly I have never seen Shameless so I don’t really know about it.  I think in terms of drama the best show won from the other three at least.

Best Family Drama

Doctor Who by BBC 1 won this award.  It beat Casualty, Merlin and Waterloo Road.  Okay so I don’t really see how casualty and Waterloo road are family shows.  I wouldn’t let my young child watch them (if I had one).  I would actually have like Merlin to win.  That’s not to say I don’t like Doctor Who because I do I just don’t like the new Doctor.  Give me David Tennant any day.

Best Actor

David Tennant won this award for his role in Single Father.  He beat Benedict Cumberbatch, Colin Morgan and Matt Smith.  I total agree with this win.  I think David Tennant was excellent in this role.  Of course Colin Morgan is also really good as Merlin but it doesn’t have the same tug on the heart as David Tennant’s role.  Benedict Cumberbatch is wonderful as Sherlock but again tugs!  I don’t think that Matt Smith is doing the Doctor that well so there.

Best Actress

Karen Gillan won Best Actress.  She beat Amanda Burton, Vicky McClure and Elisabeth Sladen.  When you see the competition I have to say that she is the best.  While the Doctor may leave something to be desired Karen Gillan is good as Amy.  

Best Entertainment Show

This award went to Celebrity Juice by IT2.  They beat An Idiot Abroad, The Graham Norton Show and QI.  When it comes to entertainment I have to say that Celebrity Juice deserves this.  An Idiot Abroad is funny but can get a bit boring after a while.  The Graham Norton Show is a bit meh for me.  As for QI I just don’t get it.  Maybe that’s just me or something.

Best Comedy

The Inbetweeners by C4 won this award.  They beat Benidorm, Miranda and The Ricky Gervais Show.  I think they are the funnier of all these shows.  Benidorm is a close second to The Inbetweeners.  Miranda I can only watch about one episode every month and the Ricky Gervais Show often doesn’t even blip my radar.  On a side note I can’t wait for The Inbetweeners movie!

Best Gameshow

The Cube by ITV1 won this.  The other nominees were Deal or No Deal, The Million Pound Drop and Total Wipeout.  The Cube, I think, is more of a traditional gameshow compared to some of the others.  Honestly when I watch Wipeout I don’t really think of it as a gameshow.  

Best Reality Show

The Apprentice by BBC1 won this award.  It was up against I’m A Celebrity, The Only Way Is Essex and Peter Andre: The Next Chapter.  Okay I love Peter Andre but his show shouldn’t be here.  It’s not really a reality show so much as a documentary type thing.  The Only Way Is Essex annoys me so I don’t care that they didn’t win and I’m a Celebrity is good but not a best show.

Best Daytime Show

The winner of this was The Jeremy Kyle Show by ITV1.  He beat BBC Breakfast, Loose Women and This Morning.  Now most people are saying that is a bit of a problem because Jeremy Kyle is not as classy or informative as the other shows.  The fact of the matter is that the public voted for him so there.  I don’t mind the other shows but sometimes you just want to watch the mess that is other people’s lives.  You don’t have to debate or learn something new every time you watch daytime TV.

Best Talent Show

Britain’s Got Talent by ITV1 won this.  They beat MasterChef, Strictly Come Dancing and the X Factor.  Really who else was going to win this?  MasterChef is great but you can learn to cook, it’s not a talent.  Strictly is wonderful but yet again it is not a talent.  The celebs are being taught.  The X Factor is good but not my favourite so Britain’s Got Talent it is.

Best Lifestyle Show

The winner of this award is Come Dine With Me by C4.  They beat Gok’s Clothes Roadshow, Grand Designs and Supersize Vs Superskinny.  I personally think that Supersize Vs Superskinny should have won.  It’s the only show that really looks at lifestyles.  Gok’s Clothes Roadshow is daft and annoys me while Grand Designs is great if you want to watch people build their dream homes.


Best Factual Entertainment Show 

This was won by Top Gear by BBC2.  They beat Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, Embarrassing Bodies and Katie: My Beautiful Friends.  Top Gear is great but I would like it more if Jeremy Clarkson wasn’t on it.  That man annoys the heck out of me.  Big Fat Gypsy Wedding is good but not good enough for an award.  I didn’t know that Embarrassing Bodies was meant to be entertainment.  Katie should not be allowed to do shows.

Best Food Show

Jamie’s 30 Minute Meals by C4 won this one.  He beat The Hairy bikers, Saturday Kitchen and Something For The Weekend.  Out of all of these I would probably watch Jamie if I wanted to know about food.  Saturday Kitchen is fine but I don’t feel I could make the things on the show.  I would not mix food and Hairy Bikers.  Something For The Weekend I have never heard of.  

Best Soap

This was predictably won by EastEnders.  Albert Square beat Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks.  I think the best soap won here.  I do watch EastEnders and Hollyoaks and think EastEnders is better.  The few episodes I’ve caught of the other two also tell me that Albert Square is the best.

Best Soap Actor

Shane Richie from EastEnders won this.  He was up against Simon Gregson, Danny Miller and Emmett J Scanlan.  The others are all really good actors but they don’t give the same kind of performance as Shane Richie.  I never have trouble believing that he really is feeling what his character should be which is something I sometimes find with the others.

Best Soap Actress

Another EastEnders win with Jessie Wallace.  She beat Michelle Keegan, Katherine Kelly and Pauline Quirke.  I have loved Jessie Wallace from the first time I watched EastEnders.  She, like Shane Richie, really gets her character and is able to show that emotion on screen.

Best Soap Newcomer

Paula Lane from Coronation Street won this one.  I was a bit surprised that she beat people like Jacqueline Jossa, Steve John Shepherd and Emmett J Scanlan.  I would have liked Emmett J Scanlan to win just because of the character he plays.  Hello, he’s a gay Irish gangster who beats up his boyfriend yet still has fans.  

Best Soap Storyline

The winner of this was Coronation Street for their 50th anniversary tram crash.  This beat EastEnders Ronnie swaps her baby for Kat’s, Emmerdale’s Lisa’s rape and Hollyoaks’ Brendan and Ste’s affair gay domestic abuse story.  I thought this would win simply because it’s Coronation Street’s 50th anniversary show.  

So that’s the TV Choice Awards 2011.  Most of the awards I’m actually good with which is amazing.  I suppose I should say congratulations to all the winners even the ones that I don’t like.  So Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment